Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Healing Room of New Beginnings

In my home I have made a room into my very own healing room, which includes a massage table, and some beautiful breath taking pictures. A small round table, and 2 wicker chairs. This was going to be a room for healing. A place people could come to be restored, rest, and take in much needed energy for their well being. I have not used this room for many months. It has been ready 6 months ago and yet I go in and look and say oh this is nice but have not put it to use. Why? you ask. I have asked myself the same thing over and over. Ive given my husband a few massages here and their in the healing room but Id say that's about it. It all comes to a question, one that has trapped me for so many years. Who is going to come? How can you charge for Reiki, there are so many people out their who do this kind of healing. What if they do not feel any different after they leave? what if they don't come back? and the list goes on. When really what it is about is ME. I'm the one who does not think I am good enough, so why should anyone feel any different! This all comes back to why we do not move forward. We can get things all ready, the excitement to get it all set, and perfect and then It sits their just waiting to be used for the job it was intended to do. So whats the hold up, you ask. The self-esteem issue or could it be sabotage, or no maybe laziness, or maybe even its to scary. We wonder why we do not move forward well here we have it. At least for me. I must say I have been waiting around for years for someone to do it all for me. To tell me my next step, and then I wonder why I have not moved an inch. Through this Holistic makeover, I have learn some hard lessons about myself and the way that I looked on life, and the self and know now what has to be done by me in order to move ahead, or guess what I will be stepping into that healing room a few times a week still saying , Oh it looks good in here wish I knew what to do with it......
I asked the Angels don't you like my healing room they said it is very nice but their is no energy in here because you spend no time in the healing room when will you start?

What have I been waiting for? I guess the coming of Christ......before I get off my butt.
No more excuses. No More feeling sorry for myself. No more blaming it on my dysfunctional family life I had while growing up, and must I go on. excuses, excuses. So I finally took the plunge with all my might. I called a friend, told her to come over to offer her a free energy session. She called me the next day. Hey Laurie, I didn't tell you but I had a bad yeast rash for about 6 months under my arms, could not get rid of it. I was taking a shower and noticed it was completely gone. I cant believe it. What did you do? I gave my son a session not knowing much about Reiki, he said mom if you do not turn down that bright white light I am going to have to get off this table. He stayed on and fell asleep and did not wake up for one hour. With a smile from ear to ear, I was thinking what took me so long to do what I wanted to start doing years ago? Was it fear? sure fear of failing, what do we really fail in life? writing tests that's about it. What I have learned is if we keep putting things off, we get no where. Getting no where leads to being miserable. No one but no one can make us take the first step, only we can. How much do you want that dream to unfold? its all up to you. I have worked on about 6 people now in my healing room. Theirs only one problem now. It seems I cant seem to wake people up after there session they just want to stay and sleep which of course is a part of healing. One time a person slept right through our supper time as we were eating. The Angels said now the room is filled with healing light and it will only get better, and what took you so long Laurie in the first place? Don't you know we would have been with you every part of the way. You are a instrument for God. Thank you for letting him use you...... Every time I walk past the healing room their is now a whole different feeling that flows through me. Its a feeling of accomplishment I moved one step forward, and the feeling with doing it and accomplishing it proved that their is nothing to fear in life, but fear itself. I will keep moving forward its just a start I have a long ways to go, and much to accomplish.
My healing room is open for service and I must say theirs a little smile that comes out when they say Wow Laurie you got a gift alright. What took you so long. I just smiled and said, some things take a little time to unfold, just as the bud of a Rose!


Remember we are good enough just the way we are....We just need to take the next step forward. Blessings, Laurie ^i^

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Laurie,
I would love to see a picture of the healing room!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laurie on starting your blog. What a lovely design. The colors and texture (gauze-like) emit calm. Good for you on sharing your gifts with those around you. Word will spread and you will have much in the way of people who will want to benefit from your services. The healing room sounds wonderful and I'm with Deborah: let's see some pictures!

Post a Comment