Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dangers of Coffee and Caffeine

The health problems which caffeine can cause could fill entire books, and probably enough popular and medical journal articles to paper the White House, inside and out!
Included are such problems as accelerating aging, weakening the immune system, impairing digestion, and causing blood sugar fluctuations which contribute to weight gain and mood disorders. There are more than 208 acids in coffee that contribute to indigestion and acid imbalance. This results in buildup of toxic waste, cardiovascular diseases, auto immune disorders, arthritis, and rheumatism. Uric acid produced by the breakdown of caffeine can cause kidney stones and gout, and can aggravate prostate conditions. Caffeine and the acids in coffee also inhibit absorption of B vitamins and cause the urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and trace minerals — all of which are essential for good health.
Women who drink coffee are more subject to osteoporosis and anemia, leading to fatigue and illness. And this is just the beginning!
That’s CAFFEINE, folks! Whether it be in coffee, cola, or any other beverage. Hardly something you would want to be pouring into your body by the multiple cup or bottlefuls each day, is it? I have seen great changes in my body after I stopped drinking 2 cups of coffee a day. The coffee was actually bringing me down instead of up like I wanted. I would feel tired, and if I drank Dunkin Donuts coffee I would even break out in a few rashes here and their. My body's and liver way of telling me I do not like this, I'm having a hard time to filter this. After a week of such fatigue my body had to learn to have its metabolism work on its own as the coffee was doing it for me when I was drinking coffee. I felt like a whole new person when I stopped. Their are lots of alternatives for those people who like the taste but want to wen them self's off of coffee, like Dandy Blend for one. Try to start drinking Green tea if you feel you still want some caffeine. It is so much better for you. Their are so many other good teas that will give you a lift. Try to drink good clean water 1/2 your body weight in water and see all the changes in your body, you will be truly amazed how your aches and pains will disappear and so much more. Next time I will discuss how important drinking clean pH water has to do with you living a healthy and happy life. Cheers....

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Thank you for reminding me why I gave up coffee! Sometimes it's hard with all the wonderful coffee drinks out there but I'm getting accustomed to tea! :)

Post a Comment